Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Good intentions thwarted by an absence of bad habits...

If the title of this blog post sounds ironic, that's because it is.

I recently subscribed to a monthly publication of the Magic School Bus, which provides parents and children with fun science experiments that they can do together at home. The kit provides some of the harder-to-find tools, whereas the families are expected to come up with the more common items.

I was so excited to receive my first copy of the Magic School Bus. I opened it, and the very first thing it needed and expected the family to provide toward an experiment was...

a two-liter soda bottle.

Seriously? We haven't had a two-liter soda bottle in our house for YEARS. Soda isn't good for anyone--adults or kids--and my husband and I have tried hard to keep our children from heading down the path of sugar and carbonation addiction that leads to cavities galore.

And now the science experiment is asking for a two-liter soda bottle. GAH!

Yes, we'll improvise and find something else to use in its stead, but really, it's the first time I've ever seen a good intention thwarted by an absence of bad habits...

No comments:

Post a Comment