Friday, January 4, 2013

Why rules rarely work in this household...

Today, after breaking up yet another dispute between my two sons over MY Kindle Fire HD, my husband comes up to me and with an absolutely straight face says, "I think we need to have a hard and fast rule on electronic usage in this house."

Okay, so I'm waiting for the hard and fast rule. We've already have several hard and fast rules on the topic. "No more than 30 minutes a day" became "No more than 1 hour a day." I'm not even sure what the latest rule is.

Anyway, my husband says, "There should be no more than 10 electronic devices per child, and they cannot spend more than 27 hours a day on it."

Silly me, I was actually expecting him to be serious. But this is why it's so hard to get mad in this household when rules are broken. Somehow, we manage to find humor in everything...