Friday, January 4, 2013

Why do males regress to half their age when they get sick?

A bug is making the rounds in my house, and suddenly, I'm surrounded by toddlers again. My younger son, three and a half, is a good boy when he's sick. He lies in bed and sleeps all day, though he insists on being cuddled by mommy or daddy. He did, however, apparently forget how to talk and has regressed to a one and a half year old. Whimpers are the medium of communication, supplemented, of course, by mommy and daddy's amazing telepathic skills. Occasionally, the mind reading fails, but he's easily assuaged by a kiss, hug, and cuddle.

My older son, six, regressed to three years old. He whined and complained more in five minutes than my younger son did in twenty four hours. I need to get the older boy married off early so that some other unfortunate girl can take care of him.

My husband, my dear husband, regressed too, but since he's a great deal older than the boys, he only regressed to a teenager. This one I'm stuck with. I can't marry him off because he's mine. He is a sweetheart, though. Now that the boys are on the mend and I am sick (I'm always the last to catch whatever is going around the house), my husband is making lemon ginger honey teas for me to soothe my throat.